Design Your Climbing Wall
How to attach a climbing hold to a plywood wall? CLICK HERE!
Step 1 - Designing Your Climbing Wall
The design of your wall is going to be a product of many variables including, but not limited to:
- your budget; do it yourself or pay someone else?
- your level of building/carpentry skill and knowledge
- space available; do you rent the space or own it?
- primary user group
- location; basement, shed, 2nd floor, limitations
- goals for using the wall; is it for fun or some serious training?
- we are assuming your wall is not a commercial venture
It is advisable to consult an engineer on your design.
Here is an example of framing for a steep climbing wall made of wood.
Whats Next? Gather the materials needed to build your wall.
Need help designing or building a climbing wall? Check out Adventure Developments?