Design Your Climbing Wall
Looking for info on how to attach a bolt-on climbing hold to a plywood wall? Find out here!
Step 1 - Designing Your Climbing Wall
The design of your wall is going to be a product of many variables including, but not limited to:
- your budget; do it yourself or pay someone else?
- your level of building/carpentry skill and knowledge
- space available; do you rent the space or own it?
- primary user group
- location; basement, shed, 2nd floor, limitations
- goals for using the wall; is it for fun or some serious training?
- we are assuming your wall is not a commercial venture
- a couple basic plans for a simple timber frame and plywood climbing wall can be found on the internet here and here.
Pictures below are examples of timber frame and plywood climbing walls.