Traditionally climbing holds are bolted onto your wall using the t-nut method, which involves drilling many holes into your wall, then hammering in a threaded t-nut. The other option, if the hold allows for this is to simply use screws and attach the holds anywhere on your wall. We have a range of Screw-On holds in sizes extra small to medium and large.
What's good about screw-on holds?
- they can go anywhere on your wall, not limited like traditional holds are
- close to the edge between angle changes
- in tight corners
- on aretes
- they don't require a t-nutted hole
- they don't require a bolt
- can be added to walls with thick texture on them
What's bad about screw-on holds?
However most climbing hold manufacturers only have screw-on holds in very small sizes to be used as tiny footholds. Here at Uncarved Block we are working to bring you a full range of sizes in screw-on holds, all they way up to large jugs. See our current range of screw-on holds Here.