Depending on your MOBILE device and browser you may have the option to view this hold/set in Augmented Reality (AR) on your wall. Will not work on desktop.
How to view in AR:
- If you see the link "View on Your Wall", simply tap the link and wait for 1-4 seconds. Link not visible? Your device/browser is not AR capable.
- When your camera opens and the 3D model of the hold appears, point your camera at a well lit wall and the hold will be "placed" there. If your camera does not open, your device/browser is not AR capable.
- Once placed, you can move your device around the hold, get close, move out, above, below, place your hand close to it, rotate using two fingers.
I have tested using an iphone 12 pro (ios 17.1) and latest versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari and they work perfect.
- Best results seem to be with Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Wall/surface needs to be well lit
- Seems to help for there to be something else on the wall, like art, light switch, door/window frame close to where you want to place object, needs reference points
- If hold moves around, then it needs some reference point close by, see point above
- Brick/textured walls work well
- Object can be placed on flat surfaces too, but since it is a climbing hold it will be oriented vertically
- You can rotate the hold with 2 fingers
- Hopefully soon you will be able to place object on overhanging walls in the correct orientation
- Not working but you feel it should? There are so many variables that could prevent it from working, but the code I am using is written by a third party and I have zero control over it.