Depending on what angle wall you attach Johnson to it can be positive or downright negative. At each end is a nice rounded sloper and if your hands are big enough you can pinch them, if not it is all open-handed goodness for you.
Johnson requires 1 x 3" bolt.
Here is a short video of Johnson in use.
Important Information - PLEASE Read.
- HOW TO ATTACH A CLIMBING HOLD TO A PLYWOOD WALL - Click Here
- All bolt-on holds/sets require socket head type bolts, except for the Classic Footholds Set which requires countersunk head bolts.
- All bolts Uncarved Block sells are imperial 3/8" diameter with UNC threads.
- Unless otherwise stated, t-nuts are not included with holds or sets.
- Any items shown in pictures other than holds are to show scale and are not included with purchase.
- More information about hold colors click here.
- Bolts optionally supplied with holds/sets are suited for 17-20 mm thick climbing walls, if you require longer bolts order these separately.
Open handed good times13 January 2019It works well with the juggy side orientated up on my 35 degree wall and the sloper side works very well on a vertical too. Its a very fun hold, doesnt get 5 stars cause it needs a screw hole to stop spinning and is quite pricey.
Start or End9 February 2018Awesome giant sloper. Use it as a starting hold for problem. The positive side is good on steep walls, about 35-40.
Sloper LOVEBy: Chas Ruffles on 31 March 2011One of the newest holds on my wall, we all create problems over the course of a bouldering night and this hold gets so much traffic. Its great no matter how we turn it and has to be the best open handed sloper i have, its big enough to match on or cross through on.
Others also bought