A pile of retired climbing rope converted into a nice comfy very large edge. Looks like rope, feels like rope, and will stand out on any wall. Prefers steep walls.
Requires 1 x 2" bolt.
Important Information - PLEASE Read.
- HOW TO ATTACH A CLIMBING HOLD TO A PLYWOOD WALL - Click Here
- All bolt-on holds/sets require socket head type bolts, except for the Classic Footholds Set which requires countersunk head bolts.
- All bolts Uncarved Block sells are imperial 3/8" diameter with UNC threads.
- Unless otherwise stated, t-nuts are not included with holds or sets.
- Any items shown in pictures other than holds are to show scale and are not included with purchase.
- More information about hold colors click here.
- Bolts optionally supplied with holds/sets are suited for 17-20 mm thick climbing walls, if you require longer bolts order these separately.
- The best way to delay your order is to choose specific colours. Random is cheaper & faster.
A Different Hold13 May 2021This hold handles like no other hold I have, which alone makes it an interesting addition. On vertical it is a nice big radius edge/jug that is easy to move on/off. When you put it on a steeper angle, or non-horizontal orientation it becomes less about the overall shape, and the rope texture comes into play. I started pinching and crimping along the rope strands and had to start really working for it. My impression is that is doesn't have quite as much friction as standard tex but is not too slippery. It would be really interesting to try the sloper! Definitely got the novelty factor, but also a very usable interesting hold.
Others also bought